May 1 is the Church’s annual Commitment Sunday, when we thoughtfully and worshipfully consider our financial commitment to the Lord for the following year.
You can download and edit the Commitment Card and return it to church on Sunday, May 1st, or mail it to church. You may also click the button below to fill out our online Digital Commitment Card.
What’s Commitment Sunday about?
Commitment Sunday is NOT about judgment, guilt or coercion. It’s not about the Church’s budget.
A love response to Jesus
It’s an opportunity to declare God as our King, our No. 1, returning to Him a portion of all that He has given us:
“Freely you have received; freely give.” – Matthew 10:8b
A proclamation of faith
As we intentionally release fear and anxiety and choose, instead, to wholly trust in God:
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
An act of praise and thanksgiving
“O Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.” – Psalm 95:1-3
As God’s hands and feet, the Church gratefully accepts your commitments as we continue connecting people to life in Jesus as Household WELLS springing with the Living Water.
Doing the things we have committed to do
Your commitment is an act of worship and it helps us do the things at the Church we have committed to do under Christ’s leadership. In the past year or two, that has included:
– Gathering in person again for worship, youth programs, church picnics and Mom 2 Mom
– Growing our online presence to bring the Good News to a broader audience, with the number of our Facebook users growing 80 percent and a 500-percent growth on Instagram
– Upgrading technology for better online streaming
– Launching the Neighboring Life online learning platform and transitioning to a new website
– Deepening our community connections as more families (31 so far) have committed to being Household WELLS.
Some questions to consider
Now is your chance to respond with courage and generosity, in anticipation of what God is going to do in us and through us this year.
Some questions to consider:
- Where has Jesus spoken to you?
- How has God blessed you?
- What provision, protection, presence has He afforded you this year?
We thank you for your continued support of the Church’s ministry. God’s peace to you as Commitment Sunday approaches and you prepare your heart to respond.