May 7th is the Church’s annual Commitment Sunday, when we thoughtfully and worshipfully consider our financial commitment to the Lord for the following year.
You can download and edit the Commitment Card and return it to church on Sunday, May 7th, or mail it to church. You may also click the button below to fill out our online Digital Commitment Card.
What’s Commitment Sunday about?
Commitment Sunday is NOT about judgment, guilt or coercion. It’s not about the Church’s budget.
A love response to Jesus
It’s an opportunity to declare God as our King, our No. 1, returning to Him a portion of all that He has given us:
“Freely you have received; freely give.” – Matthew 10:8b
A proclamation of faith
As we intentionally release fear and anxiety and choose, instead, to wholly trust in God:
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
A Declaration of our Commitment to our shared mission
Our commitment lets others in our church family, know that we are with them in connecting people to life in Jesus.
13 “O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! 14 But who am I, and who are my people, that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you first gave us!…17 I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there. You know I have done all this with good motives, and I have watched your people offer their gifts willingly and joyously.” – 1 Chronicles 29: 13-14…17 (NLT)
As God’s hands and feet, the Church gratefully accepts your commitments as we continue connecting people to life in Jesus as Household WELLS springing with the Living Water.
Doing the things we have committed to do
Your commitment is an act of worship and it helps us do the things at the Church we have committed to do under Christ’s leadership.
- Celebrating, connecting and equipping a growing number of Household WELLS.
- Continue to grow our online engagement to bring the Good News to a broader audience.
- Building strong families through teaching and equipping in God’s Word, discipleship and engaging community.
- Modeling biblical community in multi-age environments from toddlers through 12th grade.
- Developing youth leadership skills through mission trips, service, and opportunities to teach children and peers.
- Creating environments where youth invite friends and those friends become part of a community.
- A thriving children’s ministry that averages 25 children each Sunday morning.
- Growing Neighboring Life Community and online learning platform.
- Gaining momentum again since 2020 with preschool enrollment
Some questions to consider
Now is your chance to respond with courage and generosity, in anticipation of what God is going to do in us and through us this year.
Some questions to consider:
- Where has Jesus spoken to you?
- How has God blessed you?
- What provision, protection, presence has He afforded you this year?
We thank you for your continued support of the Church’s ministry. God’s peace to you as Commitment Sunday approaches and you prepare your heart to respond.