Every summer, students in 5th-8th grade at the church have the opportunity to go on mission trips that expand their understanding of the world, allow them to contribute to expanding God’s kingdom, and engage them in meeting needs in a variety of different ways. This summer, the adventures continue!
Our middle school mission trip is June 19-22 and takes place here in Madison. Led by our high school students, 5-8th grade students spend 4 days serving people right here in our own backyard. They work at food pantries, food pantry gardens, nursing homes, community centers, and many more places. The students are able to explore many different ways to serve and share the love of God while having lots of fun and getting new perspectives on our world. Students are still welcome to register for the trip.
The high school mission trip is July 23-31. We are trying something new this year and taking our own independent trip and the destination is New York City! We will be partnering with a church (Our Savior’s New York) that has sites in both Queens and Manhattan. We will be doing kids activities in Central Park, working to remodel the Manhattan church, neighborhood outreach, meals on wheels, and of course seeing some of the sites. Registration is still available for this trip as well.
We would love for you to participate alongside of us in our summer adventures. Here is how you can engage:
- Prayer. First and foremost, we want these trips to honor God and be led by Him.
- Finances. We are in need of donations to help with the cost of transportation and scholarships. You can give your donations to Emily, the Church office, or place it in the offering noting the designation. You can also stay tuned for fundraising events that you can participate in and invite friends to. Right now a Culver’s fundraising night is set for May 31st and a Babysitting Fundraiser if planned for June 25th. We appreciate every amount. It is only because of the generosity of this congregation that our students have had such transformational experiences each summer.
- Middle School Meals. Each night of the middle school trip, we try to find families from the Church who can come in and provide the meal and eat with our students. If you like to cook and want to hear about the trip as it happens, let us know so you can be part of this ministry!
- High School Meals. We are bringing all of our meals with us on the high school trip. We need baked goods, freezer meals, and a ton of other items to make our week successful. If you would like to be part of the team that is organizing this for our New York trip, let Emily know!
- Serve. Join our middle school mission trip for half a day or full day. See ways you can serve our community and get to know the young people in our congregation.
Questions? Emily would love to talk! E-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.